Thank you for your consideration of our product. We at Robison Solar are very excited to offer one of the finest solar powered water pumps manufactured today! To our knowledge we offer the only
brushless motor in a solar pump of this style, and price range, this means a longer life for your pump than brush style motors, and less hassle and maintenance cost for you in the long run.
Robison Solar has been manufacturing and selling solar pumps for over twenty years now and we have always focused on listening to the wants and needs of our customers, and working hard to resolve any issues that have developed along the way. That is why we worked countless hours and spent numerous dollars researching and developing these new brushless motor pumps to replace the old brush style motors that would wear out prematurely at times. Our commitment to improve the solar water pumping industry is never ending. We pride ourselves in, and are known for developing and manufacturing some of the best state of the art products in our industry and for having excellent customer service.
We sell kits that make it easy for you to size what you need to do the job your exact situation requires. A few quick tips to remember when sizing our systems to your needs:
· The quad (Q) pump (4 pistons) require a 5 inch or larger casing and flow considerably more water than the dual pump. Almost double the flow with two panels.
· Dual (D) pumps (2 pistons) require a 4 inch or larger casing, offer lower flow but are less expensive. This pump is perfect for small pastures with low grazing capabilities or anywhere less water is needed or if a large enough casing for the Q pump is not available .
· We sell 4 basic systems with Robison pumps: Single 75 watt panel with D or Q pump and Double 75 watt (2 panel system) with D or Q pump. Then if these systems are not large enough we custom bid systems incorporating the Grundfos brand pumps and numerous different configurations of solar panels depending on the lift (depth) and flow required.
· Our maximum lift with the Robison pumps is 185ft. to the water. Pump can be set deeper.
The Grundfos pumping systems can pump from depths as great as 600 feet and can flow as much as 80 gallons per minute on shallow wells. As with any solar pump, depth decreases flow rate.
· Lift begins at the water level, not the bottom of the well. So if you have a 200 ft. well but water at 150 ft. you are only lifting 150 ft. no matter where you set your pump below the 150 ft. mark. (this is referred to in the industry as static head pressure)
· The deeper to water in your well, the more low light situations affect the flow rate, this is one place the two panel systems are effective they are also beneficial if you need more water in a shallow well. The two panel systems run the motor at a higher rate of speed longer than a single panel for increased pumping volume.
· When you need more water is also when the Solar Boss Controller with power boosting capabilities is very good to incorporate into your system. It causes the pump to run better in low light conditions.
· Our motors are a variable speed 13-40 volt which means they can be run on batteries should low light conditions put the pump behind on its pumping duties. (requires a minimum of 2 -12 volt batteries) You can also use our PODS box (Pump On Demand System) to run the Robison pump from any 110 ac power source such as a generator. (You can see the PODS box on our product page.) The Grundfos pumps can be plugged directly into a generator without any additional controllers.
· We do not have batteries in our standard systems due to maintenance issues, but when needed they can be used. Batteries are merely a form of storage as are water tanks so we feel we should sell you a system big enough to pump the required amount of water in a days time, and get you to use a large enough storage tank to hold a couple of days worth of storage. If we do this the animals can get to the storage (water in the tank) instead of it being in a battery. However, if you require a battery system due to a weak well or some other situation we can help you with that scenario also.
· It does not hurt the Robison pump to run dry so if you have a weak well a Robison solar system is the system for you.
· Robison pumps create 85 pounds of pressure so you can run a pipeline or a pressure system. This also makes them great for remote cabins or homes.
· Robison systems are great for rented pastures because they are easy to take with you when your lease is up. They are also tremendously helpful if you rotate your cattle and have wells in other pastures because you can move them easily from well to well in a short amount of time.
· Robison pumps work great from ponds, rivers or creeks. (special freezing weather requirements must be met)
· The most commonly asked question about our product is how long does it last? The solar panels have a 20 year warranty with a 30 to 40 year life expectancy. Our old brush style pumps “averaged” about three to four years before maintenance was required. With the new brushless motors in our pumps we are hoping to increase the life expectancy considerably. The Robison pumps are
· Our pump warranty is two years free of manufacturer defects.
· We estimate replacement cost to recondition a pump to run between $250.00-$350.00 depending on pump style of dual or quad and what needs replacing. Since we haven’t had to recondition many brushless pumps yet we are not sure what the cost will be. The quads are more expensive to manufacture therefore they cost more to recondition.
· Water quality plays a key part in the longevity of the pump’s life, a well that produces a lot of sand may require the optional sand sock that we offer to help screen harmful debris from the pump. These socks are very inexpensive and a great source of insurance against excessive wear and tear on the internal parts of the pumps due to sand and trash in the well. Also the use of the tank water level sensor (ALC OR SOLARBOSS) to shut the pump off when the tank is full adds pump life. They can increase pump longevity tremendously. A proper installation is also a key to increased pump life so please consult your installation manual for complete instructions.
· A weep hole in the drop pipe is a must and the pipe going to the tank must drain during freezing weather!
· We hang our pumps on ˝ inch pipe usually black roll poly pipe for easy one man installation. 3/4 inch pipe is acceptable also.
· Our systems come with the solar modules, aluminum mounting hardware for the modules, a wiring harness and the pump with 100ft. of wire standard. (additional wire available on request)
· The ALC (advanced level control) or the Solar Boss controller may be purchased additionally if desired. The Solar Boss is a power booster which helps your pump run better, especially in low light conditions with a tank level sensor and battery charging capabilities built in. It is a very impressive piece of equipment. The ALC is a tank level controller shutting the pump off when the tank is full and turning it on when the water level drops. The Solar Boss has an ALC in it.
· Once again, if the systems you see in our four basic Robison pumping systems do not meet your water pumping needs; we also bid Grundfos pump systems which feature pumps that will pump from depths of 600ft. at lower flows and with flows up to 80 gallons per minute on shallower wells. We have been selling the Grundfos, pumping systems for several years with a good success rate. These systems are higher priced, but when they are needed prove to be a great value. We bid these on a per situation basis depending on your depth and flow requirements so please give us a call or drop us an email or letter with your requirements if we can help you in any way! We will be happy to get you a quote.
We are a family owned and operated business. We care deeply about your satisfaction, we are farm and ranch raised people in our company, and we know the importance of every dollar it takes to make your operation successful. We want to treat you the way we would want to be treated and you and your business will always be appreciated.
Please come join the family of satisfied customers that have depended on us for their water pumping needs for over 20 years!
Give Bill or Debbie a call today or drop us an email.
Sales 866-519-7892 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Power Inc. owner’s of
Robison Solar Systems
Canton, OK-Weatherford, OK